I almost always have old bananas in my freezer. It seems like we never eat them fast enough and I always feel guilty throwing them away. (I'm slowly getting over that.) This is one of my favorite recipes for banana bread. It's so good and addictive! It's really not all that hard either. It makes a TON though, so it's a good recipe for sharing! (Or you can half it.)
1 cup butter, softened (I used real butter, but I'm sure margarine works)
2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups ripe bananas (about 6 medium), mashed
1 tea salt
2 tea baking soda
3 cups flour
1 1/2 pounds frozen sliced strawberries, thawed (I used whole strawberries w/o sugar and sliced them myself)
1. Grease 2 9x5-inch loaf pans.
2. Preaheat oven to 325 degrees.
3. In a larging mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
4. Incorporate the bananas in the sugar mix and scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
5. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each one. Set aside
6. In another bowl, mix together the salt, baking soda, and flour.
7. Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture and stir until fully incorporated.
8. Add the strawberries.
9. Pour into prepared pans.
10. Bake for 60 to 75 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
11. Cool completely on a rack before inverting onto a plate.