Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sun-Dried Tomato Quiche


This is another great recipe I found on one of the websites I mentioned in my previous post. It's a super easy, cheesy quiche so don't be intimidated! Especially good if you like sun-dried tomatoes.

Ingredients:
3/4 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
3/4 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
2/3 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil)
2 T. finely diced onions
1 tea. Italian seasoning
1/2 tea. salt
4 eggs
1 cup half-and-half (I used fat free and it turned out fine)
3/4 cup milk (I used fat free here too)
1 T. flour
One 9-inch frozen pie crust

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Bake the pie crust for 5 minutes.
3. Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
4. In a large bowl, whisk all ingredients together.
5. Pour mixture into the crust.
6. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Slice into wedges and serve.

1 comment:

Love Mama said...

I'm so glad to have found your blog. I've been trying to cook at home with a very low budget (I work at a non-profit), so your blog was the perfect find.