Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tropical Chicken Salad Sandwiches

I think these are the kind of things that taste better than they look. I wasn't sure about them at first, but the mix is really yummy! The original recipe calls for a couple things I didn't add (shredded coconut and nuts), but I don't love either. It also says to put the mix on croissants, but I went for a healthier whole-wheat pita option. I think it was great that way! I was able to make 8 pita halves with some mix leftover (I probably could have done 10, but I ran out of pitas). This is easy, peasy, too!

Ingredients:
1 large can chicken (drained)
1 large can mandarin oranges (drained)
1/2 cup crushed pineapple
1/4 cup shredded coconut (optional)
1/2 cup nuts (optional)
1 T. milk
1/2 cup mayo (I used lite and it worked great)
1/2 tea. garlic salt
1/2 tea. sugar

Directions:
1. Put all ingredients in a bowl.
2. Mix well.
3. Serve on croissants (or in pita pockets!).
4. Or, save in the refrigerator until ready to put into sandwiches.

No comments: