Breakthrough! My 2-year-old ate oatmeal today! Granted, it wasn't the healthiest version of oatmeal, but he got eggs, heart-healthy oatmeal, and calories. It took some time to get him to try it, but he enjoyed it once he did! My husband also gave it rave reviews and he just took a little portion with him on the way to school. Give it a shot for a little variety in your morning breakfast! PS: I got the recipe from the My Kitchen Cafe website.
6 cups oatmeal (you can use quick or rolled)
2 cups brown sugar
2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup oil
2 cups milk
4 beaten eggs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix dry ingredients in large bowl.
3. Add wet ingredients and stir.
4. Pour mixture into a greased 9x13 pan.
5. Bake 20-25 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
6. Let sit 5 to 10 minutes to cool before cutting.
7. Serve with milk in a bowl, if desired.
Notes: I halved mine and put it in an 8x8. Mine also took about 15 minutes longer to get done in the middle, but my oven is crap. If you don't wait for it to cool a bit, it will come out in pieces, which is fine if you want to eat it like regular oatmeal in a bowl with milk. It's yummy either way!