Sunday, February 10, 2008

Brushetta Chicken Bake



I found this recipe on the back of a box of Stove Top and it's awesome. I've already made it 3 times. Once for myself, once with Angie and Hill in San Diego, and then I made it to take over to a sister in our ward who had a baby. Seriously, it's so great because it's super easy, pretty healthy, and it tastes really good. I highly recommend it as an option when you have to take meals to people since it's more of a healthy casserole. It worked out great for me!

Ingredients:
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 pkg (6 oz.) chicken Stove Top
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup hot water
1-1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 tsp. dired basil leaves
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

2. Put first four ingredients in a bowl and mix until moistened.

3. Place chicken in 9x13 baking dish and sprinkle with basil and cheese.

4. Top with stuffing mixture.

5. Bake 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

Seriously...SO easy and really good. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Angie said...

Very delicious and easy too. It was a real crowd pleaser!

h said...

I can vouch for this as well. De-licious and definitely easy because you don't have to cook the chicken beforehand. I was a big fan and am glad to have the recipe now so I can recreate :) Thanks, Nat!

Jenna said...

This is delicious! It tastes a lot like chicken parmigiana. It has an excellent flavor, and the babies loved it, too! Letting the chicken cook in the casserole makes it really tender. Thanks for sharing!