Sunday, February 10, 2008

Chocolate Sour Cream Waffles


Technically these are "dessert" waffles but I make them for breakfast and just eat them as is without syrup or anything. My husband uses syrup, but I think that might make them too sweet. Either way, they're really yummy even though I'm not generally a chocolately breakfast person.

Ingredients:
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 T. unsweetened cocoa
2 tea. baking powder
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup butter (I've used margarine as well)
1 egg
1 tea vanilla

Directions:
1. Heat waffle iron to medium-high heat (or you can make pancakes).

2. In large bowl combine flour, sugar, cocoa and baking powder.

3. In medium bowl stir together sour cream, milk, butter, egg and vanilla until smooth. (It's definitely important to mix the flour mixture and liquids separately first.)

4. Stir liquids into flour mixture until well blended.

5. Cook on waffle iron or griddle.


Note: they turn out pretty flimsy looking and soft...not hard and crispy like your average waffle. I liked them that way though.

Can be also be served as a dessert with ice cream, frozen yogurt, strawberries, etc...

No comments: