Thursday, October 25, 2007

Tuna Rolls


*One of my favorite meals (my mom’s recipe). This recipe uses mostly ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. Easy and yummy!

Bread:
2 c. flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 c. shortening
3/4 c. milk

Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in large bowl. Cut shortening into flour mixture. Stir in milk until dough sticks together. Knead 10 times and roll out into rectangle shape.

Filling:
1 can tuna
1 egg
1 tsp. mustard
diced green pepper
chopped onion
grated cheese

Mix all ingredients together and spread onto rolled-out dough. Roll dough and filling together like a jelly roll. Slice into 12 pieces. Place on sheet and bake at 400◦ for 10-12 minutes.

Sauce:
4 Tbsp. margarine
4 Tbsp. flour
2 c. milk
1/2 tsp. salt
cooked mixed vegetables

Melt margarine in saucepan. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in milk with wire whisk. Add salt. Stir until thick over medium heat. Remove from heat and add cooked vegetables. Serve sauce over tuna rolls.

2 comments:

Tina McKinnon said...

Made this yesterday... It was really good.... comfort food type dish... Thanks, I'll be using it often!

Natalie said...

This was good for me too! My husband also liked it and took some leftovers for lunch today. I cooked mine a bit long so it was kind of dry. Also, I just shook some salt out of the shaker and maybe I'd shake a bit more out next time for the sauce. Otherwise, good work!