This is actually really good and suprisingly flavorful. It's super easy to throw together. If you don't have onions or bell peppers, it's probably not a bit deal either. Serve it by itself or with rice.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Ready In: 45 minutes
2 T olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 T cumin
1 tea ground dry mustard
Ground cayenne pepper to taste
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
1 (16 oz) can kidney beans, with liquid
1 (15.25 oz) can whole kernal corn, with liquid
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over mdium-high heat and cook garlic and onion until onion is tender.
2. Stir in the green bell pepper and cook until tender but firm.
3. Season with cumin, mustard, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper.
4. Stir the kidney beans with liquid and corn with liquid into the skillet.
5. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and continue cookeing 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Serve immediately.