Everyone I've made these for have really enjoyed them. They're especially delicious because they're baked and not fried!
1 cup light sour cream
1 tsp baking soda
4 cups flour
1 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup light cream cheese
1. In a small bowl, mix sour cream and baking soda. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease large baking sheet.
3. In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, cream of tartar, & salt. Cut in butter and cream cheese.
4. Stir in the sour cream mixture & egg into the flour mixture until just moistened.
5. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface & knead briefly.
6. Roll or pat dough into 3/4 inch thick, round circle.
7. Cut into 12 pie shaped wedges & place 1-2 inches apart on baking sheet.
8. Bake 15-18 minutes in oven till golden on bottoms.
9. Enjoy by cutting in half, spreading butter and topping with cinnamon sugar, or honey, or jam, or any delicious topping! We've found that they are best when eaten warm - whether that's straight out of the oven or reheated in the microwave.